Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Wedding Cake

3 tiers wedding cake

Happy New Year, everyone! Apologise for missing last week, I had very busy and interesting week as I prepared for my first wedding cake order for my friend's high school's friend who only came to Australia just for a wedding. As this is my first post for 2012, I thought that I prepare something exciting and very interesting to share.

3 tiers wedding cake

If you have been following me since last year, you may remember how exciting I was doing this wedding cake. Initially, the wedding cake was to cater for 50 people and it was supposed to be 2 tiers but the number changed just few weeks ago to 70 people, so I made 3 tiers instead.

3 tiers wedding cake

I made the sugar flowers since New Year's Eve, yes! you read that right.. I spent my NYE making these flowers. I rather be prepared early than last minute, incase anything goes wrong as I wanted to be as special and the best for someone's special day. I also have to say Thank You to my Hubby who assist me in last minute moment..  Speaking of the wedding cake, I still remember vividly our wedding cake 4 1/2 years ago.. It was 8 tiers cake and they were very beautiful. I remembered my brother in law saw it first on the reception and he rushed into the room and told us how beautiful our wedding cake was and they were, here's the below picture of our wedding cake...




Okay, Enough Said about me.. Let's talk about the wedding cake that I made for Andy and Mira.. 

3 tiers wedding cake

The base flavour of this cake is Chocolate Orange Cake. You can find the recipe here. As the couple are living in overseas, they decided not to keep the top tiers, so all tiers are served for the guests.

3 tiers wedding cake

I must say this is one of another epic cake after Minnie Mouse Cake that I did last year for my high school's friend's daughter 1st birthday and I have one more epic cake coming later at the end of the month before we go to USA for holiday in less than 2 weeks time. I can't wait.. 3 1/2 weeks in USA...  Last but not least, Happy Wedding to Andy and Mira.

3 tiers wedding cake

For anyone in Melbourne, Australia interested in custom cake and dessert order, please contact me on flamingpot10@gmail.com

3 comments :

  1. What a stunning cake!! I am blown away! Your cake is AWESOME - literally and figuratively. A lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... Paula .. What a such beautiful wedding cake... Professional banget :) . Paula , kalo mau beljar bikin seperti flower sugar sama boneka di cup cake gitu namanya harus course apa ? kayaknya di kyoto gak ada dech ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! I just used your cake image in my blog. Please check it out: http://www.threesunbeams.com/blog/wedding-cake-inspiration.html
    Keep it up your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...