Thursday, July 21, 2011

Matcha Cookies and Cream Ice cream

Matcha Cookies and Cream

I may be crazy to crave ice cream in the middle of cold winter season.  I've been dreaming to try to make this Matcha/ Green Tea ice cream since I got back from Japan until one day I read the tweets from Kyoto Foodie on Twitter about Haaggen-Dasz Matcha Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, Oooh.. How incredible! Then that's it.. my mind just can't stop thinking about it. I have an ice cream maker which I rarely use it during this crazy unbelievably melbourne cold weather and I can't wait until summer time to make this.. When you crave, you crave.. Just gotta find a way to fulfil those needs..

I added some mini oreo onto the mixture but it was hardly to see on the picture and I should have wait until the ice cream was really set when taking the picture. Oh well..  this ice cream was satisfying enough for my craving moment and I never can't get enough of this.. 

Matcha Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

Matcha Cookies and Cream

Ingredients
200g Full Cream Milk
3 Egg Yolks
80g Caster Sugar
10g Green Tea Powder
100g Heavy Double Cream
Mini Oreos Cookies

Method
1. Heat Milk in a saucepan until almost at the boiling point, then remove from the heat and set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolk and sugar until pale yellow in colour. Add Green Tea Powder and mix well.

Matcha Cookies and Cream

3. Add warm milk and mix well. Return mixture to the same saucepan and heat very gently, stirring constantly, until thicken to form a custard.

4. Transfer custard into mixing bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl half- filled with iced water to cool. 

5. In a chilled bowl, whipped the cream until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream to custard and fold through. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. (Add the mini oreo while the motor running).

6. Store in the freezer or serve immediately. I serve mine with sprinkle Caramel Crunch. 

4 comments :

  1. Oh yum. What a great flavour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting! The color is pretty cool, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the color of the ice cream! It almost looks like the color of wilted spinach. I bet it tastes better though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...