Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rosette Cake

Rosette Cake

Okay, Here we go.. Remember the Elmo Cake I made for my best friend's son couple months ago? This time I made the birthday cake for her mother in law, who turned 60 this year. The first time I saw rosette cake was from the talented I am Baker and Sweetapolita and they look very daunting and beautiful at the same time. I was waiting for the perfect time to try this rosette challenge and yay I got it.. Thanks to my besties.

Rosette Cake

The cake is Chocolate Orange Cake cover with Chocolate Orange Ganache, using the recipe book from Bake (Essential Companion) by Alison Thompson. Chocolate and Orange are perfect combination and you can't go wrong with the flavour. As for the tip, I used 1M Wilton Tip to create the Rosette. After all, it was a beautiful day at the party!


Chocolate Orange Cake

Rosette Cake


Ingredients
150g Unsalted Butter
600g Soft Brown Sugar
Finely Grated zest of 3 Oranges
6 Eggs
150g Dark Chocolate, melted
375g Plain Flour
2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
300g Sour Cream
110ml Boiling Water

Method
1. Preheat ove to 160º. Line the cake tin with baking paper.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and orange zest on high speed for 3 minutes until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate and mix well, then sift in the four and bicarbonate of soda and add the sour cream. Mix on low speed until well combined. Slowly add the boiling water and mix well
3. Pour the batter into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. 


Chocolate- Orange Ganache

Ingredients
250ml Pouring Cream
250g Dark Chocolate, chopped
Finely Grated zest of 1 Orange

Method
1. Bring the cream to the boil, then pour it over the chocolate and stir until smooth. Add the orange zest and mix well.

2. Once the cake is cooled, Spread the chocolate- orange ganache over the top of the cake. 


Orange Buttercream 
(I used 2 batches of this recipes)

Ingredients
375g Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
300g Pure Icing Sugar
Finely grated zes of 3 oranges

Method
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter, icing sugar and orange zest on high speed for 5 minutes until pale and creamy.


Assemble the Cake
1. Split cooled cake into two layers. 

2. Spread the cake with orange buttercream and put the top cake layer on top and press gently to ensure it is level. Chill the cake for 1 hour. 

3. Have the chocolate orange ganache ready, then pour it over the cake using the palette knife to spread it over the top and sides of the cake.

4. Fill the pastry bag with decorative tip (Wilton #1M) and orange buttercream. Pipe the rosette on the top of the cake. (I used the Wilton tip #3 to decorate the sides of the cake)

8 comments :

  1. what skill, I so want to learn cake decorating in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's insanely gorgeous. I'm jealous of your skills! I took all the Wilton courses but I could never do that. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine how happy I'd be if someone made me a cake as lovely as this! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful creative site
    nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a very beautiful cake. I'm tempted to try it though my guess is I won't do nearly quite so good a job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You all..:) Very sweet comments..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, love your cake,neat!!! Wonder the recipe stated for how many inches of round cake pan? Thanks:)
    Rdgs,
    Bb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...