Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Layer Cake with Chocolate Wafer Stick and Dipped Strawberry

Layer Cake (Lapis Surabaya)

Just a quick post in the middle of busy week while preparing on my next cake challenge. A week ago I received an order to make Layer cake for a birthday. I made other type of Indonesian Layer cake before but never make this kind. The cake consist of 3 layers. The good thing about this kind of layer cake recipe is much quicker to make as the other kind of layer cake may take up to 4 hours to bake.

Layer Cake (Lapis Surabaya)

I borrowed the special tin from my friend who happens to have one to make this layer cake. 

Layer Cake (Lapis Surabaya)

So, this is how the single cake turned out. Once the cake is cooled completely on the wire rack, we spread each layer with Strawberry Jam. I made another batch and attached them side by side together with Strawberry Jam. 

Layer Cake (Lapis Surabaya)

This is one of Indonesian Signature's cake and very common for birthday and wedding in Indonesia. I used simple and delicious Mocha Buttercream and added the chocolate wafer stick, maltesers and Chocolate dipped Strawberry for the final touch. So here they are.. 

Layer Cake (Lapis Surabaya)

In the meantime, for anyone in Melbourne, if you are interested in custom dessert orders, please contact me on my email flamingpot10@gmail.com. 
Stay tune for my next exciting cake post.. I will have some more cake to celebrate.. xoxo

1 comment :

  1. This looks so delicious. Would love for you to share this with us over at foodepix.com.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...