Saturday, November 19, 2011

2 Tiers Minnie Mouse Cake and Mickey Mouse mini Cupcakes

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes

Okay.. Here's another Epic cake that I was talking about last week. I made this special order for my high school friend's daughter who turned one. Who doesn't love disney characters when we were a kid? I still find them adorable as an adult and when I went to disneyland in Japan, it was so magical! So, here we go.. Thanks to my friend and gave me a chance to make this minnie mouse cake as well as mickey mouse mini cupcakes for her daughter's 1st birthday.

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes

Since I started doing cake decorating, I have a dream to make tiers cake or a wedding cake. I'm always up for the challenge and can't tell you how exciting I am on every cake that I made for every order. As always I have my loyal and helpful extra hand from hubby to assist me. I can't be more thankful..

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes

I saw lots of minnie mouse cake on google. The one that really caught my eye is from Lesley from The Royal Bakery. Thanks to Lesley's tutorial on her facebook page for Minnie Mouse cake. She gave the tips on how to make a bow and the frill for underneath minnie mouse skirt. My friend also mentioned that she requested the blocks for the name, so I wrapped each block of cake with coloured fondant.

The flavour of the cake is chocolate orange cake. You can find the recipe here and I used the chocolate orange buttercream for each layer and finishing with chocolate orange ganache.

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes


My friend also requested for mini cupcakes for the kids at the party. These mini cupcakes are also chocolate and orange flavour based and using the same recipe as the cake. I cut out black fondant to make the mickey mouse's ears and using small ice cream scoop to shape the buttercream. Making this cake, took me one whole day to decorate the cake. Luckily, I had a day off from work to make this happened. Every time I made an epic cake, I have this imagination in my head that I will drop the cake before the day. Oh thank god, that only stay in my imagination.

Here's the closer image for the mickey mouse cupcakes. Aren't they adorable?

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes


Overall, it was a successful party and I received a great compliments from my friend and the guests at the party. Just really made my day..

For anyone in Melbourne, Australia, interested in custom cake/ dessert order for birthday, wedding or other special occasion, please contact me on flamingpot10@gmail.com

Last but not least, Happy 1st Birthday, Cadence! Let's enjoy a slice from minnie mouse birthday cake and mickey mouse mini cupcakes army!

Minnie Mouse Cake and Cupcakes

3 comments :

  1. anaknya si horeb ya pol??? man you are sooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Lia... Yes you are right..:) Hanna's daughter.:)) Thanks Lia..:))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...