Monday, November 14, 2011

Thomas Tank Engine Cake

Thomas Tank Train Cake

Are you ready for this?  This is one of an epic cake I've ever made so far. The last 2 weeks have been awesome for me with the cake order! So, to give you a clue, the next post will be another epic post! Can't wait to share more..

Thomas Tank Train Cake

Initially, my lovely customer wanted to order Elmo Cake for her grandnephew then she changed her mind as the little one's current favourite character is the Thomas Tank Engine. So, train cake, that is! It was an exciting challenge after all.

Thomas Tank Train Cake

Thanks to You Tube, lovely Thomas Tank Engine Cake Tutorial and Favourite Character Cakes book by Debbie Brown to give more insight about the technique and all the things I need to know to make this cake happened. I wouldn't lie making thomas cake is harder than they look, they are so much details and best to prep them at least week in advance. I am very fortunate to have an extra hand from my husband who assist me, I can always count on him. The base flavour of the cake is mud cake and ganache with dark chocolate. You can find the recipe here.

Here is the cake before I ganache. I showed below undecorated train cake picture to my best friend and she can not see any resemblance to thomas train cake. Hmm.. wait till I started decorating them...

Thomas Tank Train Cake

 Here it is once I ganache the cake...

Thomas Tank Train Cake

Ta-da... I present you Thomas Tank Engine Cake..

Thomas Tank Train Cake

3 comments :

  1. This cake is amazing, you are talented. No doubt this brought a big smile to that little girl's face. Also, in looking at the close-up picture the train is flawless. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ridiculously amazing!!! I know many a young one (and old ones) who would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You.:)) Your both comments means a lot to me..:))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...