Saturday, January 15, 2011

Grilled Bananas with Chocolate Sprinkle and Melted Cheese on Hot Dog Bun (Pisang Bakar)

flamingpot-banana-hot-dog-4.jpg

I am very excited to say that I am joining monthly theme food bloggers event called International Incident Party, organized by Penny, from Jeroxie. I will be looking forward every month to create something different for the event. This month's theme is Hot Dog and I think it would be a great idea to introduce the traditional dish from Indonesia, where I came from. I'll give you a bit of background of this dish, we called them Pisang Bakar, you can easily get this snack from food street vendor. People don't normally eat this dish with hot dog bun but I do and people normally eat this for midnight snack but I eat this for breakfast therefore for some reasons, I love to eat them with hot dog bun. Well, I guess I sort of made my own modification here.



If you follow me on Twitter, you would have known that I am looking forward for upcoming holiday in 2 weeks to Indonesia for 3 weeks and 11 days trip to Japan. I can't wait to eat this dish in person and experience other traditional dishes from both countries. I promise I will take lots of picture and share them with you. I must say making this dish is easy enough to fulfill my craving for Indonesian dish, as it goes higher and higher everyday as the days goes closer. Grilled Bananas topped with melted cheese and chocolate sprinkle. Yummmm..

Grilled Bananas with Chocolate Sprinkle and Melted Cheese on the Hot Dog Bun
(Pisang Bakar)

Grilled Banana on Hot Dog Bun (Pisang Bakar)


Ingredients
1 Banana, cut them half length way
Chedar Cheese, for topping
Condensed Milk, for topping
Chocolate Sprinkle, for topping
Unsalted Butter or Margarine
Hot Dog Bun


Method
1. Melt the butter or Margarine on the grill and cook banana until golden brown and cook the hot dog bun on the grill. (I like the bun nice and warm)

Grilled Banana on Hot Dog Bun (Pisang Bakar)

2. Serve the grilled banana on the warm hot dog bun. Add the chocolate sprinkle and grated some chedar cheese. Swirl with the condensed milk all over.

There it is, Yummy and Easy Grilled Bananas with Chocolate Sprinkle and Melted Cheese on Hot Dog Bun.

Grilled Banana on Hot Dog Bun (Pisang Bakar)

17 comments :

  1. A dessert hot dog! I'm trying to imagine how this would taste. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the pisang bakar of my dreams... coated in chocolate and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... sedapnya! Looks so nice.. I haven't eaten this form of pisang bakar before, but I'm sure it'd be tastyyyyyy!

    oooOOo.. And I can't comment via my name/url... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh! I've never heard of this and my best friend is Indonesian too. Gotta ask her about it. I love the combination of flavours here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, Thanks for your comments..:) This is one of my fav dish if I go back to my hometown... In Indonesia, they don't eat with Hot dog bun, just a simple grilled banana with melted cheese, chocolate sprinkle and condensed milk but for some reasons, I always like eat and add hot dog bun for breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilled pisang is good by itself but to add chocolate sprinkles, that just tops it.
    Enjoy your holiday lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Penny..:)) I am so looking forward to it..:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never had chocolate and cheese together but this looks so good I can imagine why you would have cravings for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks tempting and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I must try this amazing sweet and savory combination! Sounds delicious. I can just imagine the the deep sweetness that grilling the banana brought out...against the savory of the cheese. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grilled bananas in a hotdog,now thats a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the flavours here. Mmmmm! Welcome to IIP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I MUST try this! It is the most unusual and intriguing combination of ingredients I've come across in a long while. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful trip to Indonesia and Japan. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an amazing taste sensation that must be! And a fabulous take on the hot dog - love it! I have to try this, even if only once. I think it would be nice with lady finger bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep thinking how good this would taste. It looks like such an interesting twist to a basic hotdog :)
    ________________
    www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, bananas, cheese AND chocolate. Interesting combination!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...