Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lemon Curd Melting Moments

Melting moment


First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!. Hope you have an awesome time with your love ones. Well as for me, It has been a crazy and fun week with family coming over from overseas, no time off from work and celebrating new year's eve with great friends.


This is actually a late Christmas post which I should update on the Christmas week but I didn't have a chance to do so. I do apologize for this. This melting moments is actually my small Christmas gift for work colleague and friends. I have to say a big thank you to my hubby for creating lovely packaging for my christmas contribution. I had a great fun making these dainty little short breads and I have to say my friends and work colleague loves them, which really made my day and motivates me to do something similar and more creative for next christmas. The most great feedback i've got was 'they are really deliciously melt and the touch of lemon curd are refreshing'. So here it is,  My late Christmas gift to you, Lemon Curd Melting Moments.


Lemon Curd Melting Moments

Melting moment

Ingredients for Shortbread
250g Salted Butter, soft
40g Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
185g Plain Flour
65g Corn Flour

Method
1. Preheat the oven 170° and Line a tray with a baking paper.

2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat briefly. Stir in the flour, cornflour and salt. 

Melting moment

3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with fluted nozzle and pipe 3cm rosettes onto prepared tray lined with baking paper.

Melting moment

Leave 2 cm and space between each rosette.

Melting moment

4. Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Melting moment

Handle gently when storing as they are very delicate and crumble easily.

Melting moment


Lemon Curd

Ingredients
1 teaspoon finely grated Lemon
160ml Lemon Juice
310g Caster Sugar
250g Unsalted Butter, diced
4 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
Pinch of Salt

Method

Add all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until thickened. Strain, cover with plastic wrap and chill.

Once the shortbreads and lemon curd are cool, sandwich them together.

Melting moment

With the lovely packaging created by hubby and wrap with bit of ribbon will make a great Christmas Meting Moment.

Melting moment

6 comments :

  1. They look so delicious, I love homemade melting moments and the lemon curd would be something else again!

    What a great hubby making your packaging, it is beautiful! Please tell us all how it is done! I have never seen anything as professional and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for your compliments..:)) Im very lucky wife to have graphic designer hubby (www.huestudio.com.au- still under construction)..:)) He made in adobe illustrator and laser digital printed, he also die cut the window by himself:) It was 60 packaging at the end were made for work colleague and friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic and I'm sure they went down a treat! I love the packaging too. Well done to your hubby for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good melting moment ;)
    I ran out of time with my cookies and just popped them in a plastic sleeve with a bit of christmas ribbon to tie them up. Love what your hubby did =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks really nice. And how nice of your husband to make such pretty packaging too. Your friends must have been really pleased with the present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wish you would make a post on how your hubby did the packaging. Would definitely want to learn how to make those!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...