Sunday, September 4, 2011

Horse Themed Cupcakes

Horse Theme Cupcake

It's good to be back after being away sick for a week. I meant to write this post last week but I was feeling worse than ever. Just a thought that I can catch up on my blog and relax after busy week from  cake and cupcake orders, instead I was stay in bed and sick. Oh well, this is always happen to me every time the season change from winter to spring.

Horse Theme Cupcake

Back to the horse theme cupcake, they are cute, aren't they?  My colleague gave me a few ideas for horse theme cupcake for her daughter's 11th birthday. I love the challenge for every order I received. As usual, I showed my colleague's idea to my hubby and he came up with these lovely varieties of horse theme cupcakes. I am indeed very lucky to have a hubby who always give me an input. So we finally have 6 horse's butt and 6 horse's faces. The comments that I received from my colleague was simply made my day, she mentioned that the result of this horse theme cupcakes is exceed her expectation.

Horse Theme Cupcake

The flavour base of this cupcake is Hazelnut Chocolate Cupcake and vanilla frosting with green leaf colouring for the grass. The fun began when shaping the horse's faces and horse's butts using the fondant.

Horse Theme Cupcake

Thank You again to my lovely colleagues and friends who ordered cakes and cupcakes from me. For anyone in Melbourne interested in custom dessert orders including (but not limited to) cakes, cupcakes, cookies, tarts, please feel free to contact me with your request at flamingpot10@gmail.com

Horse Theme Cupcakes

Horse Theme Cupcake

Hazelnut and Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients
100g Plain Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
140g Caster Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
a pinch of Salt
40g Butter, at room temperature
120ml Milk
1 Egg
120g Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 170ยบ. Put the flour, cocoa powder, hazelnut spread (nutella), sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a electric mixer on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.

2. Slowly pour the milk into the flour mixture, beating well until all the ingredients are well mixed. Add the egg and beat well.

3. Spoon the mixture into the paper case until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when touched. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the ray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

Vanilla Frostings

Horse Theme Cupcake

Ingredients
250g Icing Sugar, sifted
80 g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
25ml Whole milk
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
Green Leaf Colouring

Method
1. Beat the icing sugar and butter together in electric mixer on medium-slow speed until mixture comes together and is well mixed.

2. Turn the mixer down to slow speed. Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoon at a time.  Add the green leaf colouring.

3. Once the the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.

Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the frosting with wilton tip #233 and top the green frosting with the horse's faces and horses's butts made by fondant.  Here are the variety for the horse theme cupcakes

Horse Theme Cupcake

Horse Theme Cupcake

Horse Theme Cupcake

Horse Theme Cupcake

10 comments :

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Can these cupcakes be any more adorable?? The butts are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, they are adorable and too funny. They must taste delicious, what am I saying, anything with nutella is delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No waaaaaaaaay! These look so amazingly joyful and colourful. Great decorating job. Hope you get many more orders your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhh may god siisss... these looks soo cute and yummy. I couldn't dare to eat this cup cake its too good to be ruined..
    I wonder how long it takes to made one of those..
    you two are perfect combination.. U made the baking and vian decorating it, you guys should start thinking to open a bakery soon!! I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You all for your lovely comments:))) Had a great time making these cupcakes..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so absolutely awesome! They would be so cute for a horse themed party. You did an amazing job. (And the frosting with Nutella sounds soooo yummy!)

    You are welcome to share a pic on horsecrazygirls.com with a link back to this post if you like.

    Either way, I think they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing! :) Planning on making them this week for a birthday :) I don't see where the nutella goes in? Where do you add it in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cristy..:) Apologise for that.. I just add nutella on the method..:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published ASAP. If you are viewing this on your phone, you might have to click the Preview button before posting your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...